Wednesday 21 January 2009

Inauguration

Dear Diary,

We played the "We Are One" concert on Sunday. That bollocks Springsteen showed us up by bringing on a huge fucking choir. It was left to me, as per usual, to pull it back in the end. Luckily I had a handy quote on hand for just such an eventuality:

"Not just an American dream -- also an Irish dream, a European dream, African dream, Israeli dream, and also a Palestinian dream."

Classic, isn't it? I should've been a poet. Suppose I kind of am, really. An 'historically timeless and eternally relevant poet' would probably be the best way to describe me.

Honestly though, I don't know how I come up with this shit. If there was a camera on me I'd say that it just comes to me "via The Vibe that permeates our very existance and thus our omnipresent collective soul", but there's not. And anyway, Ali helped me.

I'm so fucking lucky that I had a contingency plan though. I doubt that a less-than-Messianic "Springsteen's a fucker" would have done the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment