Sunday 25 January 2009

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

Dear Diary,

I took a stroll down Grafton Street last night and I passed the statue of Philo.

I mean, what the fuck? Are they doing it simply to spite me?

Surely if Phil Lynott gets a statue like that then I should have one like the Statue of fucking Liberty. Or, they could do it like Mount Rushmore and carve my face into the Wicklow Mountains. Four times.

Another suggestion: why, on O'Connell Street, instead of the poxy Spire - which everybody hates - didn't they erect a statue of yours truly - who everybody loves?

And, if not a statue, at the very least surely on my way home I should hear, "please fasten your seatbelts, ladies and gentlemen, we'll shortly be making our descent to Paul Hewson International Airport".

No comments:

Post a Comment